Christopher Ng, MD
Dr. Christopher Ng was born and raised in Portland, Oregon. He traded rain for shine to attend the accelerated biomedical sciences program at the University of California at Riverside. He received his medical degree from UCLA School of Medicine, where he was awarded an American Federation of Aging Research Fellowship to study erectile dysfunction and earned the Dean’s Award for outstanding thesis. Dr. Ng then traded sun for snow during his urology residency training at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation. His extensive study of the immunology of kidney cancer was recognized with the First Place Award in Basic Science Research from the Ohio Urological Society. Upon graduation, he was honored with the George and Grace Crile Traveling Fellowship Award, in recognition of meritorious performance in the field of surgery.
Dr. Ng pursued subspecialty fellowship training in laparoscopy, robotic surgery and endourology at the Cleveland Clinic. He then returned to Southern California to join the faculty at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in 2003, where he became the Director of Laparoscopic Urologic Oncology and Robotic Surgery, and Co-Director of the Minimally Invasive Urologic Surgery Fellowship program.
Dr. Ng has served on numerous committees at Cedars-Sinai and was honored with the Chief of Staff Award and the Friend of Nursing Award in 2006.
Dr. Ng is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Urology at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, and was recently named the Clinical Faculty of the Year. Dr. Ng has authored over 50 peer-reviewed scientific publications and book chapters.
- UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA
- General Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio
- Urology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio
- Minimally Invasive Urologic Surgery (Laparoscopy, Robotics and Endourology), Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center
- Robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy
- Robot-assisted laparoscopic radical cystectomy
- Nerve-sparing Techniques for prostatectomy
- Robot-assisted reconstructive urologic surgery
- Minimally invasive nephron-sparing surgery
- Laparoscopic partial nephrectomy
- Laparoscopic renal cryoablation
- Laparoscopic radical nephrectomy
- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy
- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty
- Endourology and kidney stone disease
- Super Doctors: Southern California’s Top Doctors – Christopher S. Ng, MD